Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fixing Climate Change May Add No Costs, Report Says

          The article that I read for my current event was about how in decades of public debate global warning, one belief has been accepted by virtually all factions. Tackling global warning would be costly.  But a new report announced that the necessarily fixes could wind up free. When the insignificant benefits of greener policies such as, lower fuel cost, fewer premature deaths from air pollution and reduced medical bills are taken to account, these changes might wind up saving money, according to the findings of the group, The Global Commission on the Economy and Climate. "We are proposing a way to have the same or even more economic growth, and at the same time have environmental responsibility," said the chairmen of the commission, Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico and an economist. "We need to fix this problem of climate change, because it's affecting all of us." The chairmen of the commission is correct. The problem of the climate change is affecting others, and we don't want it to get worse. We need to fix this problem before it gets worse.

         The article that I read is important to all people in the world. As the chairmen of The Global Commission on the Economy and Climate, he stated and set a point that the problem of the climate change could hurt lots of people, its affecting us. If the problem of the climate change becomes worse, it could start to hurt people like you or your family members. This article is important because it is setting a point on how this problem needs to be cured and it's also setting awareness.

         This article I believe was a great amount of information for me to want to change something about the problem of climate change. It makes me want to make others aware of how much money we were spending before there could be a possibility that all these fixes could wind up free. This article also makes me want to read more on this topic. To add on to this article, the author should add more information that is depth, so that people who are interested can learn more about the topic they are interested in. Adding more information on to this article could also make others want to read more about this article and make people more interested in what they are reading. Overall, I believe that it is very important for the problem of climate change to be corrected.

2 comments:

  1. After reading the current events response by Ava Austi, I have a few thoughts about some things that were good and other things that needed work in her response. One thing in her response that I thought was very good was the topic that she was writing about. The topic of global warming has always interested me, as I'm sure it does many other people. By picking an interesting topic, Ava was able to grab my attention, and will probably grab the attention of anyone else who reads her blog. Another thing that I thought was good in Ava's response was the fact that she used direct quotes from an expert on her topic. Whenever this is done in a piece of writing, I know that the author knows what he is talking about, and is not just blurting out facts that may or not be true. One last thing that I liked about Ava's response was the fact that she kept her writing short, but still got the point across. Some writers, when they talk about a topic, repeat themselves over and over again so that their writing is long, but not worth reading. Ava stayed away from this and I really liked that she did this. Despite liking all of these things about Ava's response, I thought a couple of things could have been better. First of all, I believe that her grammar could have used some work. In a few places, there was a word that made it so the sentence did not make sense, or there was no comma where there should have been one. These minor details, although seemingly unimportant, can make or break a piece of writing. One last thing that I thought could have been better about Ava's response was the number of facts that supported her response. I feel that Ava should have added in some more details on why global warming could suddenly be free. Although the information she gave got the point across, it would have been nice to have more background information. Besides liking and disliking certain things in Ava's response, I was very impressed by one thing in the response. This is that she took a direct stand on the issue of whether or not an end to global warming should be pursued. She made it clear that she wanted an end to global warming, and I preferred this to other writers who sometimes dance around big picture issues like global warming. Although sometimes we don't agree with others' ideas, it is nice to read something that takes a direct stand. The fact that Ava created a piece of writing that did this really impressed me. Overall, I really enjoyed Ava's current events response and I hope to read more pieces of writing like this one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Ava used a quote from the former president of Mexico. Often when stating their argument about global warming, people will only use quotes from experts in some lab in America.
    I like how she tied in the quote to the rest of the article by having it in the introductory paragraph then mentioning it later.
    I like how Ava's interest for this topic shows in her writing.

    I think Ava could have explained Felipe Calderon's quote more, as I had to re-read it to understand what he was saying.
    Ava left some details vague in her response, such as if Mexico or another country had taken any actions towards fixing climate change without adding expenses.

    I think it is a very interesting idea that climate change could be at least slowed without too much spending, and would like to see it put to action.

    ReplyDelete